Photo

Offroading in Finnmark

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Moxis

Moxis

Nytt medlem

• Medlem
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 06:23

We are planning to go fishing in Finnmark. There is an old postroute going from Kautokeino to Alta. I wonder if it is allowed to drive this route with a 4x4 vehicle? And how about the ATV routes which can be found at the map, and lead to the small lakes on the hill area?

#2 Gunnar Brenne

Gunnar Brenne

Offroad-wannabe

• Medlem
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 04:29

No motorized movement on these roads I'm afraid. You need a special permit for that. There is a couple of tasks that you can go from chovdamohki in karasjok commune and up to Mollisjok Fjellstue. Call the guy who runs it, Per Johnsen +47 91177975, he can set you up with guided fishing trips, housing up in the mountains and all. Say hi from Gunnar Brenne if you call him. I know they are allowed to drive up to his place, I've taken the trip up there with my ATV quite a few times and used a cabin there that belongs to friend of mine. I'll drive you up even if you need it with my Gelenderwagen :-)

#3 Moxis

Moxis

Nytt medlem

• Medlem
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 06:06

Thanks Gunnar for information! We have to revise our plans accordingly and contact Per. But unfortunately I don't speak Norsk, only English or Finnish. I wonder if he understands these? And does he have an email address?

Edited by Moxis, 31 May 2015 - 06:22.

#4 Gunnar Brenne

Gunnar Brenne

Offroad-wannabe

• Medlem
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:20

Didn't see you response until now, hope everything worked out? If you still want to get in touch with him I can translate, don't know his address, but I'll find it if you still want it. Again, sorry for not seeing this sooner

Sent fra min SM-N9005 via Tapatalk